Most of you have been asking me how I got started, what I’m at, what’s my goal, etc. So here’s a little informative about me and some more information down below.
I have been corseting for about 3 years now, I started around 16/17. The reason I started this early (most wont consider corseting before 18) was because I was told by my doctor that I was done growing, and I wanted to try something alternative that could be permanent if I ever felt like it. I bought my first corset(with my mom’s permission) from http://www.orchardcorset.com/. And I have been in love ever since! I own 5 corsets in varying sizes. My original waistline when I started was 35 1/2” inches and my first corset was 32”.
Now my waist is a fabulous “natural” 29 1/2 inches after the weight I’ve lost accompanied with diet and exercise. My current corset is 26” and I’m close to getting it completely AND COMFORTABLY closed for long periods of time. My goal waist is eventually a 24” and thats as small as I’m willing to go.
Here are a few tips for those of you who want to get into corsetry!
- Make sure you are completely dedicated to corsetry, it is a long and tedious process that takes patience.
- Take your measurements (underbust, waist, hips) atleast three times a day for about a week. I did this because your weight can fluctuate at different times of different days.
- Find a reliable corset website or store that sells REAL STEEL BONED CORSETS! Beware of knock-offs. Fashion corsets will not do what you needed. I recommend http://www.orchardcorset.com/ or http://timeless-trends.com/ as they have steel-boned corsets for those who aren’t looking to completely destroy their wallets. Prices usually go from $65 - $100 for a good, durable beginner corset.
- Take your waist measurement and subtract 3”-4”. THIS IS YOUR CORSET MEASUREMENT. Note this is primarily for beginners. I can subtract 6” off of my waist for corsets but I am EXPERIENCED.
- Order your corset. When you receive it proceed to lightly tighten it and wear it on and off for 2-3 hours for about 2 weeks. This will allow for your corset to adjust to your body shape and mold to your body for tightening.
- Slowly begin going tighter with your corset, it is important to note that you need to LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! If you feel at all uncomfortable loosen it a bit and wait a bit before re-tightening. You can seriously damage both your body and your corset if you rush into things.
- From there just begin to tighten, feel your corset mold to your body. Not only will you experience the amazingness that is corsetry, but it can be an effect weight loss tool and confidence booster. Corsets make you feel powerful, they strengthen your personality, make you stand straighter and boost your confidence to a point where you didn’t think you could go.
Just find a corset that is for you. You’ll feel powerful in one and won’t regret it! If you have any questions feel free to ask me!
Reblogging because I’ve been getting asked this question again.
So this is for Roo, because we kinda came up with this idea of Belly Dance Loki a couple of weeks ago (fic to be written pretty soon actually OH HO HO) and here is the end result.
God, this came out GORGEOUS. It was such a treat watching you work on it in livestream! I feel like I need to somehow suck in every detail of those cloth folds and the beautiful lines you used to articulate them, not to mention the gorgeous metal bits, holy shit.
If I respond this way to every nonBlack person who ever says anything dumb to me, well shit life would be grand!
The song kind of threw me off but everything that man said to her before that was DEAD. ON. and I have to laugh at the fact that all she could say was, “You’re hurting me!” and “That’s so horrible!”.
YES, HOE, RACISM IS HORRIBLE AND YOU SHOULD FEEL HORRIBLE ‘CAUSE THE TRUTH HURTS, DON’T IT?!
i’m pregnant right now after watching this
with like decaduplets.
I HAVE NEVER LOVED A STRANGER MORE IN MY LIFE. WHERE WAS THIS? WHO IS THIS MAN? I WANT TO KISS HIM.
hi, can u be my dad?