I hit another goal today.
I am now 157lbs.
I havent been this small since 6th grade.
I am currently celebrating by eating Pizza…..
It’s terrifying looking at photos of myself from only 2 years ago.
But here it is! My first before/current!
Before: Senior Prom-2010
Current: Yesterday Night - 2012
Still have a longs way to go!
-26lbs now. I’m slowly looking more like my mom everyday.
#weightloss #polefitness #eyebrowsbeonpointtho (Taken with Instagram)
Waist: 34 1/2”in
Hips: 46 1/4” in
Ass: 49” in
Underbust 34 1/4” in
Waist: 29” in
Ass: 44 1/4” in
So much more to go, but I’m hella proud!
-22lbs chubs face forever. #weightloss #polefitness #workout (Taken with Instagram)
It’s just that to me being considered “thin” or “skinny” has more negative connotations than positive. I’d rather be considered “healthy” or “curvy”, because with my genetics and skeletal structure, being skinny would be awkward and terrifying to me. I’m working out to get healthy, I’m currently 5’3” and 172 lbs. The heaviest I’ve ever been was back in high school freshman year, I was 5’0” nearly 220 lbs. That was terrifying and I refuse to look back on it. But I’ve managed to slim down since then, especially recently, I’ve lost 15 lbs in 3 1/2 months. And for someone with my metabolism its amazing progress. So hopefully I’ll get to my goal weight of 140 lbs sometime soon, but I have no inkling to going any lower then 135 lbs. Thats just not me, and african americans gain weight/lose weight in an entirely different fashion. Because lets face it, when your mom is an african american woman WHO CAN COOK REAAALLLLYYYY GOOOOD FOOOOOODD, you’re screwed.
Trying to figure out if this really has almost 300 notes.
Or tumblr fail.
Most of you have been asking me how I got started, what I’m at, what’s my goal, etc. So here’s a little informative about me and some more information down below.
I have been corseting for about 3 years now, I started around 16/17. The reason I started this early (most wont consider corseting before 18) was because I was told by my doctor that I was done growing, and I wanted to try something alternative that could be permanent if I ever felt like it. I bought my first corset(with my mom’s permission) from http://www.orchardcorset.com/. And I have been in love ever since! I own 5 corsets in varying sizes. My original waistline when I started was 35 1/2” inches and my first corset was 32”.
Now my waist is a fabulous “natural” 29 1/2 inches after the weight I’ve lost accompanied with diet and exercise. My current corset is 26” and I’m close to getting it completely AND COMFORTABLY closed for long periods of time. My goal waist is eventually a 24” and thats as small as I’m willing to go.
Here are a few tips for those of you who want to get into corsetry!
- Make sure you are completely dedicated to corsetry, it is a long and tedious process that takes patience.
- Take your measurements (underbust, waist, hips) atleast three times a day for about a week. I did this because your weight can fluctuate at different times of different days.
- Find a reliable corset website or store that sells REAL STEEL BONED CORSETS! Beware of knock-offs. Fashion corsets will not do what you needed. I recommend http://www.orchardcorset.com/ or http://timeless-trends.com/ as they have steel-boned corsets for those who aren’t looking to completely destroy their wallets. Prices usually go from $65 - $100 for a good, durable beginner corset.
- Take your waist measurement and subtract 3”-4”. THIS IS YOUR CORSET MEASUREMENT. Note this is primarily for beginners. I can subtract 6” off of my waist for corsets but I am EXPERIENCED.
- Order your corset. When you receive it proceed to lightly tighten it and wear it on and off for 2-3 hours for about 2 weeks. This will allow for your corset to adjust to your body shape and mold to your body for tightening.
- Slowly begin going tighter with your corset, it is important to note that you need to LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! If you feel at all uncomfortable loosen it a bit and wait a bit before re-tightening. You can seriously damage both your body and your corset if you rush into things.
- From there just begin to tighten, feel your corset mold to your body. Not only will you experience the amazingness that is corsetry, but it can be an effect weight loss tool and confidence booster. Corsets make you feel powerful, they strengthen your personality, make you stand straighter and boost your confidence to a point where you didn’t think you could go.
Just find a corset that is for you. You’ll feel powerful in one and won’t regret it! If you have any questions feel free to ask me!
Reblogging because I’ve been getting asked this question again.
Holy goddess I’m out of shape.
My starter weight was 189.4lbs in January
My current weight is 165.2lbs now in May
Holy fucking shit what just happened.
The only thing I’ve been doing different is eating alot more vegetables and fruit(grapefruit) and drinking alot more tea.
And I walk everywhere as well.
I’ve lost nearly 25lbs with a clean diet alone.